Graduate HSE Advisor
- Ref: HSE20
- Location: Greater Dublin Area
We wish to recruit a Graduate Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Advisor responsible for the delivery of HSE advice and support to site based personnel and others. Reporting to the HSE Manager and Senior HSE Advisor, your duties will include:
- Maintenance of all relevant site safety records.
- Accesses all relevant company information on IT systems.
- Responsible for site entry controls including Safepass, Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) cards, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and site safety inductions.
- Monitoring of on site safety conditions. Inspects site activities, environment and facilities. Issues reports to site management for corrective action and follows up.
- Completes risk assessments and method statements for direct works and reviews and approves subcontractor documentation.
- Updates and maintains site safety plan.
- Compiles incident, near miss and accident reports.
- Liaises with the site management team and Safety Representatives, participates fully in site safety meetings including minute taking and reporting.
- Participates in the fortnightly site safety audit conducted by an external Site Safety Advisor.
- Familiarises themselves with the Company Safety Management System, Company Safety Statement and other company documentation and encourages site management and staff to meet and exceed safety commitments and targets.
- Train site personnel, organises toolbox talks, manages site safety signage and other ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and previous experience:
- Recognised third level qualifications in health and safety.
- Previous work experience within the construction industry is advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to build relationships and work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Displays initiative, a hands-on approach and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation.