The Health and Safety Advisor will provide the local advice and support necessary to assist managers and staff to fulfil their safety responsibilities to the high standards demanded by the Business. The HSE Advisor will play a key role in helping everyone in Walls Construction achieve zero tolerance to Health and Safety incidents and occurrences.
- To maintain close working relationship with the business teams to provide active assistance and advise to ensure the effective implementation of the Group Safety Management System.
- To participate in the appointment of competent persons to undertake key safety roles and work closely with managers and trainers to ensure their training needs are identified and provided.
- To ensure risk assessment processes and systems are established for ensuring production, approval, communication, implementation and monitoring
- To monitor for effectiveness, the procedures for the management of lifting operations, temporary works, inductions, fire and emergencies, permits and other bespoke procedures required for the safety execution of the works.
- To participate in setting up and maintaining safety committees.
- To ensure risks to third parties / other contractors are understood and actioned.
- To contribute ideas to the team for the continued developed of the Group wide Safety Management System.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of all health and safety matters relevant to the works and liaise with appropriate safety managers, safety organisations and trade associations.
- To ensure that accident and incident investigation is properly carried out to identify both immediate and underlying causes, actions to prevent recurrence and a robust defence of claims.
- To provide reports on health & safety performance to the relevant managers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the construction industry community.
- Maintain professional and close working relationship with directors, operation managers, project managers and project management teams.
- Promote Group health and safety abilities to staff and customers.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or a related field.
- 3+ years construction experience.
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations and practices.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn.
An attractive rewards package, including pension scheme and other benefits will be available to the successful candidates.