Liebherr Container Cranes was established in Killarney, County Kerry in 1958 and has expanded a number of times over the decades to make it one of their primary production facilities. In 2009 Walls Construction completed a new CNC boring and Milling Hall and following on from this Walls was again selected to construct a new facility to the east side of the factory grounds. This was to accommodate the fabrication of container crane components.
The crane production facility is a single storey 15,800m² building (175m long x 99m wide x 22m high), with an ancillary three storey office block. Both are referred to as the New Production Hall Building.
The production hall consists of pad foundations, a triple portal steel frame, a Kalzip roof, Prokulit roof lights, Kingspan and Prokulit cladding, internal heavy duty concrete floor slab and full mechanical and electrical fit-out. The office block is 800m² and consists of office space, storage space, changing rooms and canteens. A 15,000m² yard slab also formed part of the contract.